Top food blogs

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Grilled Vegetable salad


On days when I am busy working around the house, I am often uninspired for lunch.  So when I had the great idea of using the leftover grilled vegetables on my salad, I suddenly became super excited!  I was hoping to relive the wonderful experience my husband and I shared when a friend, who is a sous-chef, came over for dinner and he decided to make this unbelievable grilled vegetable salad.  My concoction might not have been as exquisite, but it was downright yummy. 
 

 
 
Simple Grilled Vegetable Salad
 
 
Ingredients
 
 
A decent portion of grilled vegetables (I used the one from this post here)
2 handfuls of baby spinach
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. B12 fortified nutritional yeast powder  (for protein)
 
Method
 
Place baby spinach in a bowl.  Warm up vegetables in the microwave so that they are lukewarm.  In a separate bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar and nutritional yeast.
 
If you are unfamiliar with nutritional yeast, it is found in a powder or flake version.  It is a complete protein (which means it contains all the amino acids that your body needs and cannot produce).  1 tbsp. of the powder yeast contains 10g of protein. Because I do not consume dairy, I buy the b12 fortified version to make sure I don't become deficient.  It has a nutty almost cheesy taste which makes it a great addition in soups, sauces and even as a popcorn topping.  It can be found in most health food stores.
 
Have a great day!
Amelie


No comments:

Post a Comment